Indian PM Narendra Modi has arrived in France for his two-day trip. Some of the highlights of his speech for the Indian Diaspora at the La Seine Musicale included India’s rescue efforts around the globe, France agreeing to use India’s UPI, and how India became the first country in the world whose remittance from its diaspora has crossed $ 100 billion.
PM Narendra Modi is on his two-day visit to France where he addressed the Indian diaspora at the La Seine Musicale.
On his arrival, he was received by Prime Minister Borne at the airport in a special gesture. A ceremonial welcome and Guard of honour were accorded to Prime Minister Modi upon his arrival at the airport.
Some of the top quotes made by PM Modi during his speech-
- I have pledged that every part of me and every second of my time will be dedicated to you all – people of my country
- India is first country in world where remittance from its diaspora has crossed $ 100 billion
- Whether it’s a battlefield or disaster-hit area, India always comes first to rescue its citizens. From Ukraine to Sudan, Yemen to Afghanistan, Iraq to Nepal, we have always done our best to protect our citizens
- Agreement has been reached for using India’s UPI in France; it will start from Eiffel Tower
- World has come to believe that it won’t take long for India to become $ 5 trillion economy
- India is mother of democracy and model of diversity; it’s our big strength
- Your (members of the Indian diaspora in France) contribution towards improving the Indo-French relationship will be written in history in golden words
- Wherever we Indians go, we make a ‘mini India’ there
After his speech, Modi arrived at the Elysee Palace in Paris for the dinner hosted by French President Emmanuel Macron.
Read More News on
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.