Bitcoin hits $26.3k on expected CPI news, 25bps rate hike is expected James Van Straten · 3 hours ago
CPI was forecasted at 6.0% year-over-year, while it has come in at 6.0%
- CPI slows as expected
- YOY Core CPI was forecasted to come in at 5.5%. The result was 5.5%
- CPI year over year was forecasted to come in at 6.0%. The result was 6.0%.
- Core inflation accelerates month-over-month from +0.4% in January to +0.5% in February.
- Bitcoin has smashed through $25,500
- Barring any disaster, after the CPI news, a 90% probability for a 25bps rate hike for the upcoming FOMC on 22nd March.
Disclaimer: Our writers’ opinions are solely their own and do not reflect the opinion of CryptoSlate. None of the information you read on CryptoSlate should be taken as investment advice, nor does CryptoSlate endorse any project that may be mentioned or linked to in this article. Buying and trading cryptocurrencies should be considered a high-risk activity. Please do your own due diligence before taking any action related to content within this article. Finally, CryptoSlate takes no responsibility should you lose money trading cryptocurrencies.